- About Us ▼
- How we help
- What's Happening ▼
- Awareness ▼
- Contact Us
- More Information
- Home Testing Kits
Support Group Activities (dated April 2020)
Our activities are on hold during the current Government restrictions on social gatherings. As things stand, we are likely to start having Open Meetings before we are able to resume PSA Testing. Some of the considerations are discussed here.
Our open meetings are relatively small in size and in the right surroundings it would be possible to observe social distancing. We are of course dependent on the lifting of Government restrictions on social gatherings. Likewise, we are dependent on the venue, eg Ambleside Club, being open for us. So, we await developments on this front. Normally we would have a meeting in June, but that is probably too early to hope for. So, it’s more likely to be September before we can have our first open meeting. This would be our AGM with buffet. We will circulate members with details as soon as circumstances permit. Alternatively, we could decide to hold a virtual AGM using Zoom. Please let us know what you think.
We will resume our programme of PSA Testing as soon as we can ensure it’s safe to do so.
Here are some of the pre-requisites and considerations:
- Lifting of Government restrictions on social gatherings
- Mandatory online registration and pre-booking of time slots
- We can control the number of men per time slot so that queuing is minimised and it’s possible to observe social distancing
- The taking of blood samples is problematic because social distancing cannot be observed. We are currently discussing with our NHS phlebotomists when and in what circumstances they are able to resume PSA testing.
- Vulnerable men may be unwilling to attend our events
We will update this item with any developments. However, our best guess at the moment is that it will be 2021 at the earliest before we can resume safe testing.
In the meantime you might like to find out about Home Testing Kits
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we are unable to offer any PSA testing events for the time being. See Coming Events for more detail.
No upcoming events.