- About Us ▼
- How we help
- What's Happening ▼
- Awareness ▼
- Contact Us
- More Information
- Home Testing Kits
PSA Testing Event at the Coventry Sphinx Club
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:00–13:00
Location: The Coventry Sphinx Sports and Social Club,
Off Sphinx Drive
Coventry & North Warwickshire Prostate Cancer Support Group – Prostate Cancer Awareness Event
10:00 am till 1:00 pm, Saturday 12th March 2022
We are delighted to be able to continue with our PSA testing events at Coventry Sphinx Sports and Social Club in Stoke, Coventry. However, we are still taking precautions. In particular, we will only have small and socially distanced queues. The PSA testing will take place in a (large) main function room. We are also asking all participants to wear face masks, and there will be hand sanitising facilities.
To achieve small queues we are using an online booking system. It is therefore essential that all participants book a suitable (15 minute) time slot prior to attending. Unfortunately, you will not be able to just walk in for a test on the day.
A few words about the booking system:
- Go to www.cnw.mypsatests.org.uk, and scroll down to the relevant Prostate Cancer Support Association awareness event (there should only be two or three at most).
- Many of you will already be registered on the system - because we first used online booking at our last St Finbarr’s event in March 2020. If so, you will just have to remember your password – don’t worry if you can’t - just click the Forgotten Password tab to request a new one.
For those new to the system, you will need to register using an email address. If you don’t have a personal address we suggest you ask a family member if you can use theirs.
- Register on the site in the registration box on the home page (www.cnw.mypsatests.org.uk)
- An email will be sent to you. Please verify your account by responding to this email
- Log back into the website, and continue as below.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and choose a time slot. You will then be asked to enter your personal details – the same information that would be required on a consent form. This includes details of prostate/breast cancer within your immediate family and any relevant medication you might be taking.
- You will also be asked to pay a fee of £10 for the PSA test. The fee is collected via PayPal but you don’t need a personal PayPal account; you can pay using a debit/credit card. If appropriate please tick the Gift Aid box – it makes a significant 25% difference to us. Please see below for reasons why we need to make a charge.
- Then you will be asked a list of questions relating to consent. If you scroll to the bottom you can click on a single box to tick all the previous questions.
- Finally, the system will produce a booking confirmation slip - which you can view and print. Don’t worry if you haven’t got access to a printer; we will have printed out your booking confirmation available when you check in on the day. You just need to remember the time of your booking.
You will also receive a copy of the booking via email.
If you have queries about registering and booking please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 024 76014207
Notification of your result
You will be notified by email, text message, or post according to your choice. The results should be available withing 5 working days.
Reasons why we need to make a charge for each PSA test.
Until now we have only ever asked for donations to offset the costs of running these events. However, the cost of blood sample analysis has increased during the time of the pandemic. We also need to pay for use of the booking and notification system. The total cost per test is now close to £20. The Prostate Cancer Support Association tries to absorb as much of this cost as possible. However, we are reluctantly having to ask for a minimum contribution of £10 from each participant.
We have now held four very successful events since September last year. Our most recent event was on 11 June at the Willenhall Social Club. For all these events we used the GF online booking system. As a result they have run smoothly with minimal queuing and proper social distancing. Our next event will be held on Saturday 17 September at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Centre, Rugby - see Coming Events for more detail.
Rugby Rokeby Lions – Prostate Cancer Awareness Morning
17 Sep 2022 09:30–12:30