- About Us ▼
- How we help
- What's Happening ▼
- Awareness ▼
- Contact Us
- More Information
- Home Testing Kits
Rugby Rokeby Lions PSA Awareness Morning
Sat, 18 Sep 2021 09:30–12:30
Location: Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Centre,
Bruce Williams Way,
Rugby Rokeby Lions – Prostate Cancer Awareness Morning
09:30 am till 12:30 pm, Saturday 18th September 2021
We are delighted to be able to resume our annual PSA testing event at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Centre, Rugby. However, we are still taking precautions. In particular, we will only have small and socially distanced queues. The PSA testing will take place in a large well ventilated space. We are also asking all participants to wear face masks, and there will be hand sanitising facilities.
To achieve small queues we are using an online booking system. It is therefore essential that all participants book a suitable (15 minute) time slot prior to attending. Unfortunately, you will not be able to just walk in for a test on the day.
A few words about the booking system:
- Go to www.cnw.mypsatests.org.uk, and scroll down to the relevant Prostate Cancer Support Association awareness event (there should only be two or three at most).
- A few of you may already be registered on the system - because we first used online booking at our last event in Coventry in March 2020. If so, you will just have to remember your password – don’t worry if you can’t - just click the Forgotten Password tab to request a new one.
For those new to the system, you will need to register using an email address. If you don’t have a personal address we suggest you ask a family member if you can use theirs.
- Register on the site in the registration box on the home page (www.cnw.mypsatests.org.uk)
- An email will be sent to you. Please verify your account by responding to this email
- Log back into the website, and continue as below.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and choose a time slot. You will then be asked to enter your personal details, ie the same information that would be required on a consent form. This includes details of prostate/breast cancer within your immediate family and any relevant medication you might be taking.
- You will also be asked to pay a fee of £12 for the PSA test. The fee is collected via PayPal but you don’t need a personal PayPal account; you can pay using a debit/credit card. If appropriate please tick the Gift Aid box – it makes a significant 25% difference to us. Please see below for reasons why we need to make a charge.
- Then you will be asked a list of questions relating to consent. If you scroll to the bottom you can click on a single box to tick all the previous questions.
- Finally, the system will produce a booking confirmation slip - which you can view and print. Don’t worry if you haven’t got access to a printer; we will have printed out your booking confirmation and have it available when you check in on the day. You just need to remember the time of your booking.
You will also receive a copy of the booking via email.
If you have queries about registering and booking please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 024 76014207
Notification of your result
You will be notified by email, text message, or post according to your choice. The results should be available withing 5 working days.
Reasons why we need to make a charge for each PSA test.
Until now we have only ever asked for donations to offset the costs of running these events. However, the cost of blood sample analysis has increased during the time of the pandemic. We also need to pay for use of the booking and notification system. The total cost per test is now £23. The Lions together with the Prostate Cancer Support Association try to absorb as much of this cost as possible. However, we are reluctantly having to ask for a minimum contribution of £10 from each participant.
We are delighted to be able to resume PSA testing now that the COVID-19 restrictions have been eased. The First one is on September 18th, with the Rokeby Lions in Rugby. We continue on October 2nd at St Finbarrs. See Coming Events for more detail.