LEIGHTON HOSPITAL PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT GROUP
Affiliated to : PCS North of England
Registered Charity no : 1092102
Leighton Hospital Prostate Cancer Support Group
AREA OF ACTIVITY
The area in which the Group’s activities shall take place is within the county of Cheshire, except in unusual circumstances. It is hoped that the Group will continue to have a close association with Leighton Hospital, Crewe, where many Cheshire men have been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. However, individual members may represent the Group in locations beyond Cheshire.
The three main objectives of the Group are Support, Awareness and PSA Testing.
- To offer continued support and information to newly diagnosed patients and their families.
- To promote awareness of Prostate Cancer and to raise public awareness through the use of media, literature and electronic means.
- To give voice to all those affected by Prostate Cancer by making representation to relevant and appropriate bodies about improvements in:-
- Prostate Cancer diagnosis;
- Research into its causes and treatment;
- Best practice and protocol within the medical profession;
- Funding by Department of Health and Health Authorities.
3. PSA TESTING
- To offer PSA tests to the public in general, either on our own behalf or in partnership with local groups, clubs or associations, who may assist with staffing and funding the tests.
- To provide a low-cost, efficient PSA test service.
- To provide, in partnership with the Graham Fulford Charitable Trust, a risk-weighted analysis of results to each man tested in addition to the basic PSA level.
- To provide the necessary trained phlebotomists and administration volunteers at testing events.
- To ensure the PSA testing activities of the Group are fully covered by relevant insurance.
- To arrange funding for our own costs and expenses and provide such persons as appropriate to make relevant presentations at meetings, seminars and conferences, where necessary to educate or further the cause of Prostate Cancer and bear costs of such expenditure when appropriate.
- To raise money for dissemination to other appropriate bodies for the purpose of research into diagnosis, treatment and care of those affected by Prostate Cancer and for the purchase of necessary equipment, including costs and expenses.
- Monies may be donated to other charitable organisations, hospitals, universities and research establishments providing the money is used for the purpose of researching into the causes, diagnosis or treatment of Prostate Cancer or for the purpose of purchasing equipment for the above.
- To provide funding for initiatives that will help to raise public awareness and publicize Prostate Cancer.
- To procure written and printed matter, publish, issue and circulate such leaflets, books, documents, films, recordings or electronic information as shall further raise public awareness or provide useful information.
- Donations from members, businesses, commercial companies, Community and Educational grants, bequests and legacies, other Registered Charities and fund raising events as sponsorship are all acceptable.
- Membership is entirely voluntary and shall be open to all persons who have or have had a form of Prostate Cancer or have an interest in actively furthering or assisting in the cause of the Group.
- Members will be encouraged to pay an annual nominal fee of £5 per member per year to help defray administration and mailing costs. These subscriptions are entirely voluntary and paid at each member’s discretion.
- Members’ data collected by the Group will be held and maintained fully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Members will be asked, on joining, for their written permission to hold their contact details electronically on a dedicated Group computer operated by the Secretary.
- Member contact information will be secured, password-protected and backed up at regular intervals and will only be used for the purpose of circulating meeting reports and other information issued by the committee.
- Members' data will never be passed to any other organization without explicit permission from the individual member(s) concerned.
- The Group will, on request, supply to any member a report of what data is held for that member. After that, it is each member’s responsibility to contact the Secretary to update their information as required, up to and including permanent deletion of their details from the membership register.
- The Group will be managed by a committee consisting of the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and not more than six other members elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- The committee may opt to engage further members as necessary for specific duties.
- The committee will direct and manage appropriate funding and costing as deemed by majority decision from the committee members comprising no fewer than four members.
- Committee members will be elected at the AGM from the floor by a ballot or a show of hands. If insufficient members are elected, then the Committee may co-opt further members onto vacant positions.
- Amendments to the Constitution must be submitted in writing, agreed by the committee, reviewed at a Group meeting and approved at the AGM or Extraordinary Meeting by 55% of members present.
- The Treasurer may make arrangements for bank account(s) on behalf of the Group with the proviso that control of the account is to require two signatories.
7. DISSOLUTION OF THE GROUP
- In the event of need for dissolution of the Group, any surplus assets or monies after debts and liabilities are settled should be transferred to a group with similar objectives, a Charity or a Research Project as decided by the committee and voted by a simple majority of the members on the register, after giving 14 days notice in writing.
PSA Testing at Warrington Golf Club (Closed Event)
29 Jun 2019 11:00–14:00
Group Meeting at Leighton Hospital, Crewe
13 Jul 2019 10:00–12:00
PSA Testing at Sandiway Golf Club
13 Jul 2019 11:00–14:00
Exhibition Stand at the Nantwich Show
31 Jul 2019 09:00–17:00
PSA Testing at Eaton Golf Club
10 Aug 2019 12:00–15:00